Is your Gmail hacked? Here’s how you can recover the account
Google’s Gmail is one of the most-widely used email service globally. The over-a-billion user base also makes it hackers’ favorite.
If you have witnessed suspicious
activity on your Gmail account, then chances are someone may have hacked into it. Here’s what you need to do to retrieve your account as well as make it more secure..
1. Go to the account recovery page
2. If you can’t remember your password, click Try different question.
3. Use your recovery email or phone number.
4. Gmail will send a recovery code to prove your account ownership to phone number/email.
5. Alternatively, you can also answer your security question, that would have selected at the time of setting up this account.
6. Once you receive the recovery code, enter it in Gmail, Google will then ask you to change your password.
7. Gmail will take you through the Security Check once you are signed. Make sure to check and change your security information.
Tips to secure your Google account:
1. Follow the instructions in the Security Checkup. This is Google’s service that helps users make sure their Google accounts are safe by checking connected apps, devices, account permissions etc that may lead to compromising of your account………Read More>>